Hybrid and Online Teaching Institute
Are you considering teaching a hybrid or online course? In May every year, the Office for Teaching and Learning (OTL) offers the Hybrid & Online Teaching Institute. The institute is designed to help instructors prepare to teach in a hybrid or online environment with a strong foundation of hybrid and online course design principles and best practices. This is a hybrid learning opportunity with two face-to-face meetings and a week in between in which to develop and post course materials in an online environment.
In the institute, participants will…
- Engage best practices for online and hybrid teaching
- Discuss various frameworks for designing hybrid and online courses
- Identify and practice the basic operations and features of a Blackboard classroom from both student and instructor perspectives
- Explore strategies that emphasize active learning and student engagement in hybrid and online environments
- Design at least one module and begin to assemble key components for their own hybrid or online course
Visit the OTL Hybrid and Online Teaching Institute page to learn more.