Nearly 24,000 students are enrolled at Wayne State University (WSU). WSU is home to students from almost every state and 60 countries. Students from around the world and all walks of life compose the most diverse student body among Michigan's 15 public universities. The university is a catalyst for academic and personal growth, and its curriculum and research are designed to give students the real-world skills and expertise required to succeed in the modern high-tech, global marketplace.
For a more detailed breakdown of our students, see this summary of the WSU Fact Book which includes the following figures and charts:
- Total Enrollment by Student Headcount & Level
- Percent of Students Enrolled Full Time by Level
- Enrollment by Race/Ethnicity & Level
- Enrollment by Residency & Level
- Enrollment by County
- Age Profile of Undergraduate Students
- New Undergraduate Students by Enrollment Status
- WSU's Top Five Feeder Community Colleges
The information above comes from the 2015-16 WSU Fact Book, compiled by the WSU Office of Budget, Planning and Analysis. The WSU Fact Book contains detailed information about the university's purpose, resources, activities, and people. It is relevant and useful to current and prospective students, faculty, staff, alumni, the media, and others with an interest in the university.