Student Support Services

Academic Success Center (ASC)

The ASC is available to help students become self-determined, motivated, and independent learners.  ASC provides Supplemental Instruction (for large lectures) and tutoring for Wayne State University (WSU) courses as well as help with study skills. 

Counseling and Psychological Services (CAPS)

CAPS is part of Student Services and is the university agency dedicated to provide counseling and psychological services for WSU students.  For registered students, CAPS provides free and confidential personal, couples, and group counseling.  For faculty, departments, and student groups, CAPS will engage in outreach events requested by faculty and the university community; and provides consultation services on how to respond to student's psychological and emotional needs.  CAPS is fully accredited by the International Association of Counseling Services.

Office of International Students and Scholars (OISS)

The OISS is available to support the educational, cultural, and social experiences of international students at WSU.  Visit the OISS website to learn more about all of the resources available.

Office of Military and Veterans Academic Excellence (OMVAE)

The OMVAE provides support services to student veterans enrolled at WSU.  Visit their website to learn more about education benefits, the Student Veteran Resource Center, and work-study programs.

Student Disabilities Services (SDS)

SDS is a resource for the WSU community to ensure academic access and inclusion for students.  SDS works to create inclusive academic environments throughout the university by providing academic accommodations, resources and training in assistive technology, and information to foster understanding of disability throughout the university community.  Sample wording for the SDS statement in your syllabus is available on the SDS website.

Transfer Student Success Center (TSSC)

The TSSC is a resource for transfer students throughout their transition process.  The TSSC can help with transfer credit evaluation, academic advising, navigating WSU, and becoming part of our campus community.

University Advising Center (UAC)

The UAC provides advising services to prospective students, exploratory/undecided students, students considering changing majors, and pre-professional students.  For these undergraduate students, the UAC offers advising on planning a course of study, progress towards degree, improving GPA, and preparing for professional school. 

Students who are not within the scope of the UAC have access to advisors within their department or school/college.  Use the links below to find advising information specific to your School or Collge:

Writing Research and Technology Zone (WRT Zone)

The WRT Zone provides individual tutoring consultations to undergraduate and graduate students.  Tutors in the WRT Zone work with students at any point in the writing process, from idea development to the final draft.